It is no more a secret that the makeover of celebrities lies in the hair and wigs they wear. The natural hair wigs have become a handy solution to any hair problem. Whether you are suffering from nasty hair loss, hair thinning, or simply want a transformed appearance with new locks, color and style to your hair, wigs seem to be the answer to all your concerns. Have you chosen your preferred wig, but struggling with how to install it?
If you are a newbie in this area, you might come up with several questions on your mind, right? There is a prominent question/confusion that often pops up among the newcomers. Is it possible to put on a wig without a wig cap? If so, what is the technique or method? This article will be a helping guide for you to put on your wig without a stocking cap for the seamless, and natural appearance.
Can You Wear Wigs Without The Caps?
This is completely your decision. In case, you are not sure about the choice, you can try putting the wig with and without the cap separately for days. This will give you the experience of what you are most comfortable with. Should you put the wig with the cap or without it? Furthermore, you also get the idea of whether the wig looked more realistic with the cap or without it. Based on your experience, you can make the final decision.
There are certain aspects that must be kept in mind while making your decision.
- The size of the heads differ for every individual. In case, you have a larger head, you might feel the cap to be tight. This can give rise to headaches when you wear it for a prolonged period of time. on the other hand, if you have a smaller head, there is a possibility that the cap will slip below the wig, making the wig fall off. Thus, if the perfect wig cap is impossible to find, it is suggested to wear the wig without the cap.
- Nylon and cotton wig caps are the most common ones to be found. But they can be challenging for those with sensitive skin. Cotton caps can make your skin dry, while the nylon can make it irritating and scratchy.
- If you are in a location that is overheating, it is better to avoid the cap before you put on the wig. This is because layers will add up to the heat, causing rashes and damage to your scalp and hair.
- The wig cap can be excessively tight on those without real hair at all. No matter how hard they try, they will experience lightheadedness.
- If you are left with no other choice rather than wearing a wig cap, you have to ensure that it is kept clean before you put it on.
Is It Necessary To Wear A Wig Cap Under A Wig?
Of course it ‘s not necessary to wear a wig cap under a wig,whether or not to wear wigs at all, wig caps are a personal preference.It's up to your scalp and your desired look as to whether or not wearing a wig cap is the best decision to achieve what you want.
If You Have Hair...
wig caps are an essential to keep your natural hair protected and out of the way - especially if with the wig you are wearing is a drastically different color than your natural hair.
If you don't have hair...
One of the greatest pros for wig wearers without hair is that wearing a cap can provide a protective barrier to protect against any scratchy or uncomfortable feelings you may experience.
Should You Always Wear A Wig Cap?
Caps seem to be an essential tool to help keep the wig on and protect natural hair, for others wig caps seem to hinder instead of add to the security and overall comfort of the wearer.
Some people said they get too hot while wearing a wig cap, as it essentially acts as an extra layer underneath the wig. This extra heat can make wig-wearing uncomfortable and cause sweating.particularly for those wearing a wig and wig cap for a long period of time!
So,you should wear wig cap according your own need.Regardless, I believe it is good to have at least one on hand for days where wearing a cap may be essential. It's never a bad idea to try out different methods to find the one that works best for you!
The Method Of Putting On A Wig Without The Cap
Preparing the hair
When you have decided to ditch the wig cap, the preparation of the hair is very important. You have to ensure that your real hair is flattened. There are several ways of doing it.
- If you are planning to put on a wig without the wig cap, cornrows are one of the ideal ways. It helps protect your real hair as well. The best part is that you won’t feel much beneath the wig, which is helpful especially when you wear the wig for long hours.
- Braiding your natural hair is also an effective way of wearing the wig without the cap. Though it might not be completely flattened, your real hair stays protected from getting damaged. Braiding helps to maintain and moisturize hair well. It is suggested that you put your hair in small braids so that there are not many bumps.
- Twists or flat twists are yet another way of doing your hair before putting on the wig without the cap. You have to make sure that the twists are smaller in size so that there are no bumps or lumps beneath the wig.
Preparing the skin is important
Once you have completed flattening your hair, you have to start prepping the skin. It is important that you apply cleanser on the skin around your hairline. You must remember that the application of the cleanser shouldn’t be made of harsh chemicals to avoid unwanted reactions or allergies. The excessive oil from your scalp should be eliminated by rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad and wipe along with the edges of your hair. If your skin is too sensitive, it is advised to use the serum for the protection of your scalp.
Wearing the wig without the cap
After you have completed prepping your hair and skin, it is finally the time to wear the wig. You have to follow the steps while putting on the wig without the wig cap.
- You have to hold the wig from the backside with your hands. After you tilt your head a little forward, you need to employ the wig in the direction from front to back.
- The wig’s front portion should be above your eyebrows. Hence, you have to arrange it accordingly. You have to consider the wig like your bathing cap and put it in exactly the same way.
- Keep pushing the front of the wig backward your head till it reaches the below of your hairline. You have to place the ear tabs on both the sides facing your ears centre to the wig. You should not cover them. Instead, you have to check whether your wig feels comfortable, and then push in your stray hair.
Now, you can style your wig similar to your natural hair and flaunt your new style. It is recommended to use the 100% real human hair wig such as our Brazilian Lace Front or full lace wig. Once you learn to wear the wig without the wig cap, you can stay comfortable wearing it all day long and showcase your new hairstyle.